Russell Mills is a marketing and communications professional with 25 years experience working with small to medium enterprise, state and federal government in tourism, hospitality, creative industries and events. Russell has extensive expertise and experience in destination marketing and has held senior management roles responsible for strategic planning, business development, media relations, marketing communications and developing private and public sector partnerships in Australia, the United Kingdom, Western Europe and Asia.
Russell’s areas of qualification and specialisation are in business administration and planning, marketing strategy development, training and business mentoring, workforce development, copywriting, corporate communications and media relations. With a portfolio of published work as a freelance writer in travel and music publications, Russell maintains a passion for the written word in all its forms.
Surfer Rosa Communications works with a diverse range of partners and associates to provide a suite of business communication services including advertising, distribution, event management, marketing, publishing, publicity, social media management, training, workforce development and more.
We provide value by:
- transforming conversations and concepts into business communications
- recognising opportunities to introduce and network our clients for mutual gain
- managing projects in a structured, goal oriented way
- using concise and simple language
- Maintaining regular, open and professional communication with clients
- Act with grace and integrity
- Honesty is the best policy
- There is always a solution
- Our success is built on satisfied clients
- One size does not fit all
- Risk equals return